Dr. Dov Rand is a rehabilitation and physical medicine specialist and co-founder of Healthy Aging Medical Centers. He co-founded this facility in 2010, and his company now has five locations spread throughout the state, providing evidence-based treatments and practices to clients who want to optimize their health.
He has always had a passion for medicine, and this motivated him to enter a medical profession after completing his undergraduate degree at Rutgers University and attending medical school at Howard University. He interned at the Saint Barnabas Medical Center and completed his residency at the Albert Einstein Medical Center in New York City, and then, in 2010, co-founded the Health Aging Medical Centers.
The facility has experienced a great deal of success and has countless patients improve their health and wellbeing. Every day, Dr. Dov Rand and his team create wellness plans tailored for their patients, many of whom are dealing with or want to prevent age-related health problems. Using state of the art services IV nutrient therapies, weight-loss plans, anti-aging services, male hormone optimization, the HCG diets, exercise programs, supplementation regimens, and more, Dr. Dov Rand and his team can drastically improve the health and life satisfaction of their patients.
Dr. Dov Rand’s Cutting-Edge, Patient-Centered Treatment Plans
What sets Healthy Aging Medical Centers apart is its unique patient-centered focus on treatment. Dr. Dov Rand and his team work closely with their patients to ensure that they have a complete understanding of their situation, and the wellness plan that they develop is tailored to the patient entirely. Sometimes that includes giving them educational packets, explaining treatment protocols and the peer-reviewed studies that support them, or just being open to questions.
Some of the age-related conditions that Dr. Dov Rand treats are anxiety, depression, stress, insomnia, night sweats, low libido, hot flashes, erectile dysfunction, obesity, and fatigue. He and his team also offer regenerative medical treatments, IV therapies, weight-loss programs, supplementation regimes, and more to fix these problems from the source.
Hormone-Based Anti-Aging Therapies
Dr. Dov Rand believes that the major difference between young people and old people can be explained by differences in their hormones. Everyone has both “good” and “bad” hormones, but when we age we lose a lot of the good ones and get more bad ones, causing many of the age-related issues people suffer from as they grow older. These good hormones include DHEA, estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, thyroid, and human growth hormones. On the other hand, the bad ones (like cortisol and insulin) are found more in the bloodstreams of older people than younger people. Insulin is especially harmful since it is the hormone responsible for fat storage within the body. It follows, then, that alongside a typical decline in physical activity, an increase in insulin contributes to weight gain in older years and makes it increasingly difficult to maintain a healthy size.
In an attempt to balance out the “bad” hormones in the bodies of aging patients, some medical professionals prescribe synthetic hormones. The problem with synthetic hormones is that they tend to have a harmful effect on the body. Even if they do provide some benefits, their harmful effects can ultimately undermine them. To prevent this, Dr. Dov Rand only administers “bioidentical hormones” while using hormone therapies, which are chemically identical to the hormones already present in the patient’s body. This gives patients all of the benefits of hormone therapy without the negative side effects of using synthetic hormones.
Once the hormone levels of patients are brought into balance with bioidentical hormones, they can experience several benefits, including an increased amount of energy and stamina, fewer diagnoses of cancer, lower cholesterol levels, and fewer diagnoses with heart disease. Many of Dr. Dov Rand’s patients also report an improvement in depressive symptoms that were present before the therapy began, illuminating the link between physical and mental health.
Reducing Symptoms with IV Nutrient Therapies:
IV nutrient therapy is another great service to regain optimal health, and it’s included in a comprehensive wellness plan offered at Healthy Aging Medical Centers. During IV therapy, medical professionals analyze the bloodwork of their patients to identify any vitamin or mineral deficiencies that may be causing undesirable symptoms.
These blood tests can also determine whether or not a patient has any genetic markers or dispositions to other diseases. If such a marker is found, Dr. Dov Rand and his team can begin preventative care to give the patient a holistic, life-changing wellness plan. If a patient already has a chronic illness, then they may also benefit from bloodwork analysis since the results will give medical professionals the chance to target the deficiencies that are contributing to the patient’s symptoms, significantly reducing the discomfort that the illness causes.
IV nutrient therapies are effective because they place nutrients directly in the bloodstream. This lets more of the nutrients circulate throughout the body, whereas vitamins taken orally experience reduced potency during “first pass” metabolism in the digestive system. The IV therapy puts pure nutrients into the body, leveling out any deficiencies that may cause harmful symptoms, all while boosting immune system health.
Different IV therapies can be used to target different symptoms and diseases, but the most popular uses of IV therapies are to treat chronic pain, IBS, PMS, chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, and autoimmune disease. Some of the common IV protocols are high dose vitamin C, Meyers’ cocktail, glutathione, and MSM which will be explained below.
- The “Myer’s Cocktail” protocol is a very common and effective IV therapy. It consists of multiple nutrients such as B12, B5, B6, vitamin C, calcium, and magnesium. It’s used to treat a variety of ailments, but it is mainly is used to ameliorate symptoms of fatigue headaches, migraines, allergies, hypertension, fibromyalgia, hepatitis B and C, and depression.
- The “glutathione” protocol is used to inject an important protein (glutathione) into the body. Glutathione is made up of amino acids that bind to free radicals and toxins that could be harmful. This protocol is often used to treat Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s, multiple sclerosis, asthma, liver diseases, strokes, depression, and fatigue syndromes.
- The MSM protocol is a powerful IV nutrient therapy that can help people who suffer from chronic pain and inflammation. The MSM nutrient has an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effect which helps lessen symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, scleroderma, osteoarthritis, fibromyalgia, autoimmune disorders, and neuropathy.
Losing Weight with the HCG Diet
Dr. Dov Rand introduced the HCG diet to many of his patients, and they have since been able to successfully lose weight and keep it off. This weight loss program takes advantage of a hormone typically released in women during pregnancy to ensure that the fetus receives the nourishment it needs to grow. Scientists discovered that this hormone also prevents degenerative muscle deterioration when people are in the process of losing weight. Patients who have completed the HCG diet (which is a low-calorie diet) say a major benefit is that they don’t feel like they’re hungry while they’re on it. This is because the hormone suppresses appetite, making it much easier to follow without hunger or distress.
The HCG diet has a few major advantages over traditional dieting. First, it leads to rapid weight loss during which patients learn better eating habits and reset their metabolisms to keep the weight off in the future. The HCG diet also helps improve energy levels while decreasing insulin levels, thus the body’s ability to store fat. After it is successfully completed, patients are given an easy-to-follow plan to help them keep the weight off, ending the cycle of “yo-yo” diets that many of them have grown so accustomed to.
Optimizing Health with the Proper Diet
Along with hormone levels, Dr. Dov Rand also focuses on his patients’ nutrition. By providing patients with dietary options that are tailored to their body’s needs, he can teach them how a balance between healthy fats, proteins, and carbohydrates can drastically improve their physical and psychological health. This all starts with a blood test which allows him to see what kind of nutrients his patients need. After analysis and getting information about their eating habits, he works with the patient to prescribe the most appropriate diet and supplements for their lifestyle and needs. As with many of his treatment plans at Healthy Aging Medical Centers, the major focus is preventative care. For this reason, the supplements and diets that he prescribes his patients often include groups of nutrients like antioxidants, which are known to have preventive qualities for cancer and free radical formation. Disease prevention is at the heart of the diet.
He also focuses on giving patients the right regime of supplements to improve their overall wellbeing. Supplements are naturally occurring substances that can be consumed alongside a healthy diet to improve health. Dr. Dov Rand is well-read in the supplement research literature, a knowledge that he leverages to give patients the perfect supplement regimen for their situation. This small addition to a patient’s daily diet can have far-reaching benefits for all manner of issues from fatigue and stress to erectile dysfunction and illnesses.
Maintaining Physical Health with Exercise
Dr. Dov Rand and his team also work with their patients to develop exercise plans. Being healthy involves a lot more than getting illnesses treated and maintaining a proper diet, after all. Physical exercise is essential to maintaining wellbeing and preventing age-related problems before they start like joint pain, arthritis, and trouble balancing. Among the most important exercises for Dr. Dov Rand are consistent cardiovascular exercises. These types of exercise improve cardiac capacity and are highly effective at warding off certain age-related problems. He also encourages his patients to start weight-training programs, understanding that it is important to increase body mass while decreasing body fat in order to help prevent diseases that are associated with aging.
Some of the most beneficial advantages of daily exercise for aging patients is balance (this is crucial to prevent falls by seniors that could cause injury or death), flexibility (which helps balance and prevents uncomfortable stiffness in limbs and joints), reduces sick days (patients who frequently walk often report this), improves memory (there are medical studies that associate exercise with memory health), decreases swelling (leg exercises can prevent or reduce age-related swelling), decreased osteoporosis (which can be achieved by weight lifting), and reduced arthritis (which can be eased by swimming).
He calls these programs “plastic surgery from the inside,” but Dr. Dov Rand provides plastic surgery for the“outside” as well. Healthy Aging Medical Centers has plenty of aesthetic services, such as fillers, Botox, and other procedures for the face and body.
Treatment for Erectile Dysfunction
Dr. Dov Rand also treats erectile dysfunction at Healthy Aging Medical Centers. Maintaining a healthy sex life is a key factor in our overall wellness. This makes the inability to achieve and maintain an erection, known as erectile dysfunction, a major cause of distress among men.
During his education, Dr. Dov Rand realized that his peers often defaulted to using traditional, potentially less effective treatment plans for erectile dysfunction. Hoping there were better methods out there, he started his own practice and began reading cutting-edge medical literature on treatments.
Patients often feel unsatisfied if they have to rely on a pill or device to achieve an erection. These quick fixes do not treat erectile dysfunction at the source. They merely find creative ways to bring enough blood into the penis to achieve an erection. Understanding the psychological and physical distress that this puts men in, Dr. Dov Rand began using innovative treatments like nutritional practices, shockwave therapy, and hormone therapy can provide longer-term erectile dysfunction relief.
- Shockwave therapy (also known as GAINSWave) is one of the most popular treatments for erectile dysfunction is modern medicine. This treatment involves a shockwave device that uses fast percussive vibrations that create soundwaves. Studies have found that these soundwaves can travel through the tissue of the penis and cause angiogenesis, the formation of new blood vessels and the reformation of older dysfunctional ones. The effects of shockwave treatments are so powerful that men who go in for regular treatment are often able to achieve and maintain a spontaneous erection. Sometimes, this is possible after a single treatment, but it often takes a bit of time to work. At the Healthy Aging Medical Centers, Dr. Dov Rand offersGAINSWave shockwave services to patients who are tired of less effective or enduring treatments. Historically, patients who have gone through shockwave therapy have boasted of impressive recoveries and returns to previous levels of libido and sexual health. The recovered freedom that shockwave therapy can provide improves many aspects of patients’ lives, improving both physical and psychological wellness.
- Hormone therapy is another innovative erectile dysfunction treatment offered by Dr. Dov Rand. As covered earlier, as people age their bodies lose a lot of good hormones and gain bad ones. These cause a lot of age-related problems, such as erectile dysfunction, and the deficiency of good hormones can lead to harmful effects as well, such as leaving men more susceptible to diseases and less able to recover from stress. Moreover, a large amount of cortisol and lactic acid present in the aging male body means that men are more likely to suffer from inflammatory conditions. The decrease in testosterone can also make men experience increased anxiety and depression, especially once they realize that they may be suffering from erectile dysfunction. Testosterone also plays a big role in fueling the male libido and achieving an erection, so when a man’s testosterone level begins diminishing, he may find it difficult to engage in intercourse. Since this is a holistic problem, Dr. Dov Rand addresses it with a holistic treatment. Both psychological and hormone-replacement therapies are available at Healthy Aging Medical Centers to get men feeling at their best again. These bioidentical hormone therapies can return men to regular sexual activity, increase their energy, and boost their overall health. They also help reorient the mindset of the patient to take a more optimistic outlook on life.
- Dov Rand and his team also focus on correcting their patients’ nutritional practices. How much people eat and what types of foods they consume every day has a significant impact on health. Modern medical studies have found that eating the right foods to get a healthy nutrition intake can be as effective as medicine with respect to treating certain disorders. That includes erectile dysfunction, which is a cardiovascular problem often understood as being suggestive of poor heart health. By correcting the diets of patients who suffer from erectile dysfunction, Dr. Dov Rand can help them overcome erectile dysfunction at the source. Typically, foods high in soluble fiber and anti-oxidants are the best way to improve cardiovascular functions. Dr. Dov Rand also uses his knowledge of supplementation to balance diets with supplements that encourage vascular health and blood flow within men. His past patients have experienced increases in libido, spontaneous erections, and sexual satisfaction as a result.
More about Dr. Dov Rand on Twitter